We arrived in Kedougou at maybe 9pm and the last few hours of the ride were through the national park. We opened the windows of the bus and breathed in jasmine and fresh rushing air, the stars were bright and crowding each other, the moon was at that stage where it looked like a fingernail poked through the sky. We watched the dusty road ahead, hoping our headlights would catch the glow of a lion's eye. No luck.
In Kedougou we stayed in mud huts with thatched roofs just like the villages- except for ours had air conditioners and bathrooms. It was actually much cooler down east than in Dakar and I don't think Christina and I used ours once.
The "mountains" we hiked weren't actually that much of mountains. Yet because Senegal is so flat the views were still incredible. Most of the time was spent pushing through deep yellow grass and then at the end scrambling over open faced rocks.
Christina and I looking out at the blue mountains of Guinea
No comments:
Post a Comment